JAWDA Data Certification (JDC) for Healthcare Providers – Department of Health (DoH) – Abu Dhabi Requirement
The Department of Health (DoH) has signed an agreement with Emirates Classification Society (TASNEEF) to Certify Healthcare Providers in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi for JAWDA Data Certification . The Healthcare sector is a top priority on the agenda of Abu Dhabi Government. TASNEEF through JAWDA Data Certification will contribute with an initiative to improve healthcare data quality, thereby contribute towards achieving Abu Dhabi’s Vision, in delivering high quality services in the healthcare sector.
DoH is working towards establishing a robust competence framework of healthcare system to ensure high quality and safety of healthcare services offered to patients in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. Patient safety, clinical effectiveness and patient experience are recognized as the main pillars of quality in healthcare.
As an independent company, TASNEEF through its subsidiary TASNEEF-RINA Business Assurance (TRBA) will provide an objective approach to the certification process with the goal of improving the quality of clinical data for the purposes of regulatory monitoring and control, reimbursement, research, analysis, and statistics and to meet the global standards. The aim of this quality measure is to evaluate the validity of submission of the KPI quality indicators data and clinical coded data.
Note: Starting from 1 January, 2017 all audits for JAWDA Data Certification will be performed by TRBA only.
The objective of the JAWDA Data Certification is to strengthen quality framework by:
Enhancing the quality of health data
- Enhancing coding quality standards in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi
- Creating a shared understanding of the facility’s coding quality
- Giving the payers confidence that a facility is coding accurately
- Providing healthcare providers with recommendations on the areas of improvement of quality of coding and collection and submission of clinical data.
- Improving transparency in the relationship between payers, patients and providers.
Certification Process Phases
- Apply for the Service by click on the right side and fill it with information required.
- Contract will be prepared and will be sent to you.
- Audit by site visit or remote access
- Review the audit report
- Issue the certificate (if pass)